Sunday, October 18, 2009

Night of Pain, Kind of


Wanted to share some sketchbook pages from a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't a bad night at all, but there was an underlying theme of pain.

Had an appointment at the tattoo parlor before my drawing class. Dozed off during my other one, so it was a complete surprise that this one hurt like a sonofabitch. Location, location, location, apparently. A well-inked friend tells me that the waist/hip area is one of the most painful places.

Arrived at Dr Sketchy's early. Plenty of time to check out the art in the front room, which included a huge painting of a dinosaur fight. Ironically, one of the dinosaurs had a bite out of its body in exactly the same place my new tattoo was. I could relate ...

The drawing session proceeded pretty well despite a little more beer consumption than usual. At one point I realized that the model hadn't accessorized his outfit with a necklace or a sweater chain. Nope, this was a piece of S&M paraphernalia -- OW! Spose you'd go numb after a while, but again, ow!

That's all I've got this time out.


No comments:

Post a Comment